- NMCG & NIUA organized IDEAthon on ‘The Future of River Management’
- International webinar conducted 1ST May brought together close to 500 participants.
IDEAthon on “The future of River Management’:-
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) under the Ministry of Jal Shakti and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) organized an IDEAthon on “The future of River Management’ to explore how the COVID-19 crisis can shape River Management strategies for the future.
- IDEAthon sought to brainstorm the learnings from COVID-19 pandemic, following lockdown and its impact on river management.
- IDEAthon examined how the social angle of rivers can be leveraged on to address other crises.
- NMCG had initiated this IDEAthon to garner more attention towards river management and also highlight the interconnectivity of Cities with the River.
- Also ‘Ganga Quest’ (an online quiz at gangaquest.com) as one of the initiatives to engage people with knowledge on River Ganga was introduced.
- NMCG is also working with GIZ (Germany’s leading development agency) in developing the River Basin Organization and also River Basin Planning and Management Cycle to develop an adaptive framework under Namami Gange for Ganga river basin management.
|Namami Gange is one of the largest river rejuvenation programs aimed at ensuring effective abatement of pollution and rejuvenation of the Ganga basin by adopting an integrated river basin approach and promoting inter-sectoral coordination for comprehensive planning and management.|